Statement of Faith
Scripture. I believe that the Bible is the full and final revelation of God, inspired and inerrant:
- God, who is Himself Truth and speaks truth only, has inspired Holy Scripture in order thereby to reveal Himself to lost mankind through Jesus Christ as Creator and Lord, Redeemer and Judge. Holy Scripture is God’s witness to Himself.
- Holy Scripture, being God’s own Word, written by men prepared and superintended by His Spirit, is of infallible divine authority in all matters upon which it touches: it is to be believed, as God’s instruction, in all that it affirms, obeyed, as God’s command, in all that it requires; embraced, as God’s pledge, in all that it promises.
- The Holy Spirit, Scripture’s divine Author, both authenticates it to us by His inward witness and opens our minds to understand its meaning.
- Being wholly and verbally God-given, Scripture is without error or fault in all its teaching, no less in what it states about God’s acts in creation, about the events of world history, and about its own literary origins under God, than in its witness to God’s saving grace in individual lives.
- The authority of Scripture is inescapably impaired if this total divine inerrancy is in any way limited or disregarded, or made relative to a view of truth contrary to the Bible’s own; and such lapses bring serious loss to both the individual and the Church.
I hold to inspiration and inerrancy as elaborated in the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy.
I believe that the canon of Scripture is fallible; however, the books that we have canonized are themselves infallible. That means that there could be additional infallible works, but nothing in the canon of the Old or New Testaments is there wrongly.
God. I believe in One, True God that is revealed in the pages of the Bible. He is eternally existent in three persons.
The Father is the Creator of the universe and all things seen and unseen, who sustains the world by the will of his power.
The Son is the Redeemer of mankind and the only Mediator between God and man, for whom and by whom this universe was created.
The Holy Spirit, the Helper and the Counselor of man, who convicts people of their sin and quickens their hearts to accept by faith that God will save them.
Mankind. I believe that man was created in the image of God, and placed mutably in a state of grace from which he fell by the temptation of Satan. In eternity, God attached a certain people to Christ Jesus and it was for their sins only — the church, the elect — that Christ made atonement so that they would be presented a holy and blameless people before God at the Throne of Judgment.
Eschatology. I believe in a future judgment of all people by their works before God. These works determine the degree of eternal reward for those that put their faith in Christ, or the degree of eternal punishment for those who did not trust Jesus.